Brad Beer, is a physiotherapist, author and the Founder of a company called POGO Physio. He specialise in helping active people perform at their physical best, by keeping them pain and injury free. He work best with highly committed people who place a high value on their physical health & performance. He graduated from the Gold Coast’s Griffith University in 2005 with a double degree in Physiotherapy and Exercise Science, and shortly after launched my practice in 2006 (originally named My Back’s Physio Australia).
Brad is a man passionate about extolling the virtues of optimal physical. He loves to see people getting out of pain fast, optimising their physical performance, and prolonging the longevity of their bodies. He is a highly regarded and sought after physio and the founder of one of Australia’s most successful private physiotherapy practices POGO Physio (Gold Coast, AUS).
In November 2014 Brad's first book ‘You Can Run Pain & Injury Free‘ is scheduled for release. Brad founded this practice in 2006 fresh out of university. Since 2006 the practice has treated over 15,000 people, and brad himself has delivered over 23,000 treatments. The practice has won an array of prestigious business awards including the 2011 Gold Coast Business Excellence Award for Trades, Professions, and Services.
As result the bulk of Brad’s clinical work is focussed on diagnosing, treating, and helping injured runners return to what they love. Brad’s advice and commentary is regularly sought by the media and he is a regular contributor to Australia’s Run 4 Your Life magazine.
In this episode we talk about:
- What’s behind the book “You Can Run Pain Free”
- Brad’s experienced as Physiotherapist
- What are the five steps framework to injury free and enjoy running?
- Understanding and discovering your running body
- Running with great technique
- Running with the correct pair of shoes
- The importance of Hip stability
- The power of rest
- The different running bodies and the issues that go through
- The magic happens when the five steps are implemented
- The great techniques and principles in running
- Identifying body’s characteristics
- How the bodies run in terms of techniques
- The contributing factors of hip stability in getting our muscles strong
- The power of rest and how important it is for individuals
- The benefits of running to everyone with the measurable performance it contributes to everyday in terms of getting things done
- Brad philosophies around food
- Making quality or better decisions to make a substantial difference instead of choosing poor decisions
- How Brad fuels himself in terms of his peak performance?
- The importance of hydration
- Brad’s choice of his own food in order to structure the fueling process
- Brad’s journey as a business owner
- The massive difference done by Key Person of Influence program as biggest contributor significant to Brad’s business
- Brad’s amazing experienced on meeting amazing people and building relationships through KPI
Nutrition and Meal Plans
What foods to avoid
What foods to actively seek out
- Fruit Smoothies
Running every other day
Know more about Brad
Who would you love to have dinner with and where?
“The person that I most want to sit down to have dinner with would probably be with Daniel Priestly of Key Person of Influence. I'm just fascinated by how he thinks on the insights of business and entrepreneurship. So right now, that would be the person. I stay local probably be Gold coast would be somewhere over Marina mirage. It’s a nice city and that would be good.”
Last meal on the planet?
“It would be something very simple like a grilled chicken and chips that my wife prepares for Bella which is basically a potato.”
Where to find Brad
Author: Ronsley Vaz
Ronsley is the founder & chief day dreamer at AMPLIFY. He is an author, speaker & serial entrepreneur.
He has a Masters’ degree in Software Engineering and an MBA in Psychology and Leadership. He is known as the creator of We Are Podcast – the first Podcasting Conference in the Southern Hemisphere, and the host of The Bond Appetit Podcast and Should I Start a Podcast. He has an audience of over 3 million in 133 countries.