Julia Bickerstaff is the Business’ author Bakery, a business which assists ladies with making a Healthy Income from their handcrafted, home based business.
Julia is a specialist in outlining organizations to be productive and is known for her handy, plain English way to deal with everything from valuing to getting ready for achievement.
Julia is frequent as the money master on Channel 7s Kochie’s Business Builders and as the little business master on ABCNews 24’s Finance Quarter. She composes for Smartcompany and Flying Solo.
Before all this Julia was at Worldwide Bookkeeping and consultative firm Deloitte. While there she led the association’s Innovation Council, was on the Inspiring Women Executive board, drove the Deloitte Technology Fast 50, championed the company’s SME system and was on the leading body of the Deloitte Foundation.
Julia is a contracted bookkeeper and a business analyst and a Mum of four.
In this episode we talk about:
- Julia’s morning routine
- Writing what’s in her mind as part of her morning routine
- The Business bakery
- How and when she started her business blog
- The biggest issue of small business
- The importance of Loving what you do in starting a business
- What to pay attention in managing a business
- 3 main types of things she does in running a business
- Marketing through referrals
- Always do the right thing to keep customers
- The Idea of a 100 day goal
- The 100 little things you can do towards your goal and how it works
- Being persistent and accountable to get your goals
- Doing one small thing which gives you the energy to do more
- How to get over bad days?
- Defining healthy food
- Educating kids the right way to eat the right foods
- Providing your family good homemade real foods
- Favourite meal growing up
- Cooking real food together with the family
- Food is so much more than just the eating, it’s the wholesome celebration
- The association comfort foods bring to us
- The challenges of family with different tastes
- Julia’s admiration to creative people who have not given up and just keep going
Nutrition and Meal Plans
Julia Bickerstaff ‘s fondest food memories
“My mother used to make this summer casserole and it’s just veggies and I just loved it. It was my all-time favorite thing. It was always my favorite meal. When I was kid, I just absolutely adored it. I also absolutely loved the dessert growing up from my mom. My mom love to make apple crumble.”
Know more about Julia Bickerstaff
Who would you love to have dinner with and where?
“If I could have a meal with anybody in the world, there’s a few people one is Ana Wintour, She’s the editor of US Vogue. Very amazing woman. I just love Nigella Lawson. I have a lot of admiration and respect to her. And Martha Stewart because I think she’s very interesting. I’m interested with people who have created businesses in a sort of in a very successful in the Industry. I’m very interested to Martha Stewart on how she created her empire.”
Last meal on the planet?
“I think it would be English Curry and apple crumble because it was part of my life”
Where to find Julia Bickerstaff
Author: Ronsley Vaz
Ronsley is the founder & chief day dreamer at AMPLIFY. He is an author, speaker & serial entrepreneur.
He has a Masters’ degree in Software Engineering and an MBA in Psychology and Leadership. He is known as the creator of We Are Podcast – the first Podcasting Conference in the Southern Hemisphere, and the host of The Bond Appetit Podcast and Should I Start a Podcast. He has an audience of over 3 million in 133 countries.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download