Mayor Paul Pisasale was chosen to Council in March 1991, chose Deputy Mayor from April 2000 and has been Mayor of the City of Ipswich since March 2004 and is right now serving his third term with an astonishing 88% of the essential vote. Paul’s devotion to the City of Ipswich, and additionally his drive and excitement, are extremely obvious to all that interact with him. He is energetic about working at a provincial level, separating obstructions and guaranteeing that individuals are the most obvious need for neighbourhood government. Paul has a dynamic enthusiasm for business, youth and senior activities, numerous business and group associations and job endeavours and is Patron of more than 40 associations.
In May 2006, Paul went to “Global City”, the universal discussion for urban decision makers where more than 80 Mayors went to from urban areas over the world. Paul was the main Mayor from Australia welcomed to go to this worldwide discussion held in Lyon, France.
Paul is viewed as a pioneer in the regions of local financial advancement and tourism and comprehends the significance of employment creation to urban areas. Paul is the Chair of the National Growth Areas Alliance (NGAA) which advocates for the needs of groups in the quickly developing external rural areas of our urban areas.
In this episode we talk about:
- The level of service coming from and what fuels Mayor Paul Pisasale to do good service to communities
- Mayor Paul’s biggest accomplishment
- City Kids Jobs, Employment
- Smart way to build your city
- Great lesson: A leader is taking the ideas and vision of the community and turn them into a reality
- The incubator program idea come from and how long the completion
- Teaching people, businesses and kids the spirit of an entrepreneur and technology age
- Turning local city to a Digital City
- Great economic booster
- Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Caring about the city and community
- More about the Incubator
- Method of Promotion. How to get more people.
- Getting young to be successful
- Podcasting as the new digital media and how it helps to promote ideas
- What else Mayor Paul can do to the city?
- Japanese podcast
- Community growth
- More about Education
- Childhood Obesity & Technology
- Encouraging the radio station to have the right podcast for the young people
- The importance of communication as the best tool to give in the community
- The Obesity problem getting in the population
- Mayor Paul’s obligations on how to promote good health in the city
- The importance of exercise to practice especially to kids
- Embracing culture and become a welcoming country to be a great country
- How to use nutrition to avoid obesity in the community
- The way to start down the line of changing/ A different culture
- The federal government involving about nutrition
- Educating school to nutrition programs teaching kids and helping people with nutrition
- Entrepreneurship and Business
- Encouraging people to engage in small business to have an extra money
- The importance of giving people the support instead of giving money / Teaching them how to fish and survive
- Food Revolution
- Jamie Olivar’s teachings
- The need of different culture
- The best way of changing the lifestyle / culture to avoid obesity
- How exercise helps and gives benefits to people in the community
- Great Lesson: “Giving someone money is not the answer, what do they need is support and get rid of something red tape”
Paul’s fondest food memories
“A nice chilli Pasta. Pasta was just always good.”
Know more about Paul
What’s Your Default Dinner?
“I want simple things. There’s nothing better than the good steak.”
Who would you love to have dinner with and where?
I want to take you (Ronsley Vaz) I might chat for dinner. In a podcast dinner.
Last meal on the planet?
“A nice chili pasta”
Where to find Paul?
Author: Ronsley Vaz
Ronsley is the founder & chief day dreamer at AMPLIFY. He is an author, speaker & serial entrepreneur.
He has a Masters’ degree in Software Engineering and an MBA in Psychology and Leadership. He is known as the creator of We Are Podcast – the first Podcasting Conference in the Southern Hemisphere, and the host of The Bond Appetit Podcast and Should I Start a Podcast. He has an audience of over 3 million in 133 countries.