Carmela D’Amore an Australian Sicilian gourmet expert interestingly investigates the relationship between legacy cooking from her own establishments and the advanced way of life and desires a lady is given in today’s general public.
She has been working in the eatery business for more or less 25 years as the proprietor of Sorrento Trattoria.
Ms. D’Amore is a pro in Sicilian-style natural cooking and would like the more younger members from her family to seek after the same profession.
Carmela’s Cuccina Class gives the venturing stones to an advanced lady to discover “wonderment” in cooking, urging her to grasp her social legacy that characterises her.
Carmela reveals to us through her energy for cooking that we can recollect who we are and grasp our future without breaking a sweat and boldness, reigniting the fire that is within each one of us the genuine importance of cooking, and the association it has with recollections of our adolescence and exceptional family occasions.
In this episode we talk about:
- What made Carmela Joined KPI?
- Finding Passion of true calling in life
- Her love of Connecting and Inspiring people
- Passion for Entrepreneurship
- How KPI program changes and helps Carmela’s restaurant business
- Ups and Downs of her business
- The influence of using Social Media
- How KPI Influenced her of the things she really wanted to do
- Italian, Australian and Sicilian Foods
- How to make customers being happy
- Italian, Australian and Sicilian people
- The food recipes of the regions she had been before
- Cooking classes/ Teaching cooking styles
- Passion for cooking
- Embracing life for Sicilian cooking
- Organic Foods
- The importance of eating healthy/ Planning your week right
- Carmela’s Principles around food
- Carmela’s Book/ A journey of Self Discovery and finding healing through Sicilian cooking
- The purpose of life through cooking
- Strength, Courage and Patience followed her when cooking
- How she healed and found her identity though cooking
- The importance of communication to connect
- Understanding one another
- Cooking with love
- The importance to be educated about food
- What to eat better and think right and work more efficiently
- How foods change our perception and body to think better and function well
- Some great lesson : “Too much of everything is not right. Too much food is not good to our body.”
Nutrition and Meal Plans
What foods to avoid
- Processed foods
- High Fats content
- High Sugar content
What foods to actively seek out
- Italian Broccoli
Carmela D’Amore’s fondest food memories
“I would like to paint a picture as I can remember. I was sitting with my father and mother in the kitchen who both passed away in the last couple of years. I was probably ten or 12 years old and it was Christmas Eve. My parents loved seafood and absolutely I loved it. We had all kinds of sea foods. And we had salads add off lobster which my mom made. She made this beautiful salad add of garlic, olive oil, a little bit of lemon juice and fresh meat. It was the longest time I can ever remember sitting at the table. We talked, we laughed, we commute and we grew more laugh. I felt so much love at the table. “
Carmela D’Amore’s favourite meal?
- Italian Cannelloni
Where to find Carmela D’Amore
Author: Ronsley Vaz
Ronsley is the founder & chief day dreamer at AMPLIFY. He is an author, speaker & serial entrepreneur.
He has a Masters’ degree in Software Engineering and an MBA in Psychology and Leadership. He is known as the creator of We Are Podcast – the first Podcasting Conference in the Southern Hemisphere, and the host of The Bond Appetit Podcast and Should I Start a Podcast. He has an audience of over 3 million in 133 countries.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download