Dan Norris is a passionate entrepreneur with an obsession for content marketing. His content has been described by Joe Pulizzi, the content marketing godfather himself, as “must read”. Dan was voted Australia’s top small business blogger by Australia’s largest business magazine, Smarter Business Ideas in 2013.
Dan is the co-founder in WP Curve, one of the world’s fastest growing WordPress support companies. He is the author of the very successful book “The 7-day Startup” and soon to be released “Content Machine” – Check it out here and tell your people about it by clicking HERE.
In this episode we talk about:
- How to find a balance between work and play
- Surfing and how it adds balance
- Gratitude – how to look at the moments that help make you grateful
- Why he is going to put rock climbing on his long list of stuff to try
- What made the 7-day startup so successful
- What stops entrepreneurs from launching a product
- What didn’t work when you start to launch a product
- The difference between a wantrepreneur and an entrepreneur
- Is there a formula for success?
- The advice my mother gave me
- Dan’s podcasting journey
- Being really passionate about blogs and written content
- The advantages of creating a podcast
- Why the real metrics in a podcast don’t really matter
- Why you should advertise for free rather than pay for it
- How to get your customer’s attention
- How to scale a traditional type business
- What are the next steps with WPCurve the company
- The 2 most important things every business needs to do to scale
- Why Dan’s getting into his new book
- Self publishing versus Traditional publishing
- How to best market a book
- Why Black Hops Brewery is different from his other projects
- Why food is something Dan wants to get better at
Nutrition and Meal Plans
What foods to avoid
- Drink less beer
Dan’s fondest food memories
Dan remembers outdoor stuff he did when he was young. He loved catching fish and eating it fresh.
- Surf regularly
Healthy eating tips
- Why food is something that is an ongoing journey
- Shopping for healthier ingredients
Know more about Dan
Who would you love to have dinner with and where?
A nice genuine entrepreneur, The Rock – Dwayne Johnson at a place where they would serve horse quantities… but if he had to pick a restaurant it would be Hellenika on the Gold Coast
Last meal on the planet?
Beer – Oyster Kilpatrick Stout
Where to find Dan
Author: Ronsley Vaz
Ronsley is the founder & chief day dreamer at AMPLIFY. He is an author, speaker & serial entrepreneur.
He has a Masters’ degree in Software Engineering and an MBA in Psychology and Leadership. He is known as the creator of We Are Podcast – the first Podcasting Conference in the Southern Hemisphere, and the host of The Bond Appetit Podcast and Should I Start a Podcast. He has an audience of over 3 million in 133 countries.