What makes the world's most prominent businesses so successful? Maybe it's because of their core values. By and large, they are the very essence of a company's identity – their principles, beliefs and philosophies. So, how do you get to the point where you can confidently stand up and say, “These are my values”?
This is The Psychology of Entrepreneurship,
a highly produced audio documentary style, revealing series that follows Ronsley Vaz and his guests, as they strive to go inside & unravel the inner workings of the mind of an entrepreneur, artist, athlete, academic; to decipher what is the psychology of our decisions.
If you are an entrepreneur (BTW we consider that mothers are the original entrepreneurs) and would like to understand why we do certain things in certain situations, and if small changes in thinking can deliver massive amounts of results in success and happiness, then this podcast is for you.
Robert Glazer is a remarkable entrepreneur.
After all, business is something he takes very seriously. Robert (or Rob to you and me), is the founder and CEO of the global performance marketing agency, Acceleration Partners. He is also the co-founder and Chairman of BrandCycle.
Acceleration Partners is a global leader in the affiliate marketing industry. According to Inc, Forbes, Fortune, Entrepreneur, The Boston Globe and Glassdoor, this $20 million business is the best place to work.
Rob isn't only a great business mind. He's somewhat of a Hemingway when it comes to company culture and entrepreneurship. Every so often he writes columns for Forbes, Inc. and Entrepreneur. These articles reach over five million readers around the globe each year. In particular, he covers topics like performance marketing, to capacity building, hiring and leadership.
Also, there's Rob's successful leadership focused newsletter. Friday Forward, reaches over 200,000 people and 60+ countries a week. Additionally, he has penned multiple internationally bestselling books, such as Performance Partnerships, Elevate and Friday Forward: Inspiration & Motivation to Help You End Your Week Stronger Than It Started.
In this volume, Ronsley and Rob get back to company basics. Together, they look at why you should define your core values. We hear why we shouldn't have titles, and play to our strengths instead. Also, how parenting can help you define your businesses model. This volume gets to the heart of what it means to be a valuable leader and not just a “founder” in a suit.
Other important topics in this volume:
- Why the conversation you're not having is the one you need to have
- What's at the core of your business?
- How parenting and entrepreneurship are similar
- What isn't in your official bio?
- How Robert plays on his strength as a parent
- Why role titles are grossly misused
- The two main jumps for managers- letting go and delegating
- Rob's view on the difference between leadership and politics
Links & Resources:
- Twitter – @accelerationpar
- Twitter – @robert_glazer
- Website – robertglazer.com
- Course: Discovering and Developing Your Core Values
- Performance Partnerships: The Checkered Past, Changing Present and Exciting Future of Affiliate Marketing
- Elevate: Push Beyond Your Limits and Unlock Success in Yourself and Others
- Start with why – How great leaders inspire action | Simon Sinek | TEDxPugetSound
- Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action
- Friday Forwards Email List
- The Elevate Podcast
Author: Ronsley Vaz
Ronsley is the founder & chief day dreamer at AMPLIFY. He is an author, speaker & serial entrepreneur.
He has a Masters’ degree in Software Engineering and an MBA in Psychology and Leadership. He is known as the creator of We Are Podcast – the first Podcasting Conference in the Southern Hemisphere, and the host of The Bond Appetit Podcast and Should I Start a Podcast. He has an audience of over 3 million in 133 countries.