Podcasts are revolutionising the way brands are marketing their businesses. While having a show can be great for business, many podcasters can fall flat and fail before they’ve even begun.
In 2020, going into podcasting blind is no longer good enough- so let’s talk about podcasting fundamentals.
Welcome to Should I Start A Podcast
where each week Ronsley Vaz, with the help of a star-studded entrepreneurial guest lineup, explores why you should start a podcast; build an audience, and how to keep them hungry for more.
If you’re thinking about starting a podcast or simply looking for a better way to get your message out to your audience, then this is the podcast for you.
Since he can remember, journalism, media and communications have always fascinated Mark. As a way to indulge his love of storytelling, he spent more than 15 years of his professional life working within mainstream and trade press as a journalist, before establishing Filtered Media in 2007.
Filtered Media is a Sydney based business that provides exceptional content marketing, PR, Social Media and video know-how to a range of clients. His impressive client list includes high profile names such as Coca-Cola South Pacific, Telstra, Adobe, GE and KitchenAid, just to name a few.
Mark’s award-winning podcast, The CMO Show, is a business and marketing podcast about the future of brand storytelling, emerging trends in content marketing, PR, social and more.
Mark and Ronsley discuss the incredible value starting a podcast can bring any business, and how you can effectively use it to market your brand. They also dive into some of the tangible strategies they use to magnify their message and reach the right people.
Also within this episode:
- How starting a podcast helped Mark pay his mortgage for three years
- How to build and maintain an audience in today’s podcast heavy environment
- Creating a valuable podcast as part of your marketing strategy
- The challenges and important elements behind starting a podcast
- Why you should fill a need and think about your audience first
- The reason you should be a generous storyteller
- Why podcasting is the ultimate pursuit of the unknown
- Mark’s reaction to winning multiple podcast awards
- What you should consider if you’re new to storytelling
- What’s on the horizon for Mark Jones
Author: Kaili Bonnyman
Kaili is the Queen of Audio at Must Amplify.