Are you considering adding sponsorships to your podcast? Before you take that you should listen to this episode of Should I Start a Podcast. When looking to monetize a podcast, most podcasters go after sponsorships to help them get started on earning some cash from their show. But is that the best way to make money off your podcast? And if so, how do you even begin to get sponsors in the first place?
Live from We Are Podcast 2016 is a panel of prominent podcasters answering questions from those keen and eager attendees of the conference. The panel is made up of Omar Zenhom (WebinarNinja), Aaron Fifield (Chat With Traders), Jordan Harbinger (The Jordan Harbinger Show), Darren Rowse (ProBlogger) & hosted by Amplify’s very own Ronsley Vaz They talk about how to figure out if sponsors are worth it and how to deal with them if you do decide to run advertisements. They’ll go into the positives of having sponsors on the show beyond the money and the negatives of having them as well.
There are a few core topics covered in this episode:
- An alternative to having sponsors that’s better than the money
- A list of actionable ways to monetize your podcast
- How to deal with sponsors and their terms
- When is the best time to look for sponsors
- How to run ads without alienating your audience
- How additional content can bring in the cash
- What your focus should be as a podcaster
- Why advertisers can suck the fun out of your podcast
Author: Ronsley Vaz
Ronsley is the founder & chief day dreamer at AMPLIFY. He is an author, speaker & serial entrepreneur.
He has a Masters’ degree in Software Engineering and an MBA in Psychology and Leadership. He is known as the creator of We Are Podcast – the first Podcasting Conference in the Southern Hemisphere, and the host of The Bond Appetit Podcast and Should I Start a Podcast. He has an audience of over 3 million in 133 countries.