Keeping a healthy or unhealthy lifestyle is all about habits. When you find yourself in a habit that is not taking you on the journey you want to go on you need to find a way to change that course and develop habits that will take you where you want to go.
Join Ronsley Vaz as he talks with some of the most forward-thinking entrepreneurs, chefs, food experts and health conscious people around the world. He picks their brain about doing what they love, navigating the challenges and anxieties of a self-made business and how to think outside the box.
If you’ve ever wanted to start your own business or are interested in knowing more about healthy choices with food this podcast is for you.
On our journey back through the Bond Appetit catalogue we are revisiting our chat with Darya Rose in todays episode. Darya is the creator of Summer Tomato. A website that teaches you how to get healthy and lose weight without the torture of dieting. Darya is a trained neuroscientist with a PhD in Neuroscience and the author of her very own book called Foodist – using real food and real science to lose weight without dieting. I love a quote on her website that says “It turns out the answer isn’t surgery or drugs, it’s food.”
Darya shares with us how she changed careers when she fixed her relationship with food, which she struggled with growing up and why dieting is truly not the answer when it comes to weight loss.
We also cover:
- Why starting with cooking at home once a day can change the habit of going out for food
- How cooking for yourself is all about building and maintaining habits that will develop over time
- What her exercise regime looks like and why she hits the gym about 4-5 days a week
- The importance of hitting 10,000 steps a day
- Why she would love to have dinner with the First Family at the White House or her place.
- Darya’s earliest memory of food is going to Mexico with her parents when she was six months old
- Her fondest memory of food is when she graduated from Berkeley
- What it’s like to eat with all your senses
- Darya’s top tips for shopping in season from the farmers market
- Why buying what there is a lot of can help your hip pocket and keep you on your toes with your meal prep
Author: Ronsley Vaz
Ronsley is the founder & chief day dreamer at AMPLIFY. He is an author, speaker & serial entrepreneur.
He has a Masters’ degree in Software Engineering and an MBA in Psychology and Leadership. He is known as the creator of We Are Podcast – the first Podcasting Conference in the Southern Hemisphere, and the host of The Bond Appetit Podcast and Should I Start a Podcast. He has an audience of over 3 million in 133 countries.