We all want to achieve more freedom in our professional lives.
Join Ronsley Vaz as he talks with some of the most forward-thinking entrepreneurs around the world, and picks their brain about doing what they love, navigating the challenges and anxieties of a self-made business and how to think outside the box.
If you’ve ever wanted to start your own business — or maybe you already have one, and you love listening to like-minded professionals — this podcast is for you.
On today’s episode of Bond Appetit we have an incredible human being, Paul Smith. Paul is co-founder and CEO of Future Directors Institute. He empowers the next generation of leaders and businesses and an advocate for diversity, conscious capitalism and improving social and environmental outcomes. He is a coach, mentor and speaker on the topics of board careers, director recruitment and addressing the pipeline of new, young director talent. Paul is also the Chair of the Jane Goodall Institute Australia and a director of Gin Lane Australia.
Paul chats to us about success, making an impact in the world, how intrigue drives him, the drive to understand and “know” everything. Paul has an incredible outlook on life and work and shares his thoughts and journey in a way that any entrepreneur can relate too.
We also cover:
- Accidental Entrepreneur
- What makes a good idea
- How Ideas work
- What’s needed to create a successful business
- Finding existing models and engineering them for your needs
- How your instinct can lead you to success
- The way listening impacts Paul’s learning approach
- What success really is vs. what we think it is
- The impact of impostor syndrome
- Why competition and humbleness are one of Paul’s inner battles
- How Paul’s cultural past drives his sense of feeling like a fraud
- Why superheroes play a part in Paul & Ronsley’s ideas of self worth
- Paul Smith – LinkedIn
- Future Directors Institute – website
- The Jane Goodall Institute – website
- Gin Lane Australia – website
Author: Ronsley Vaz
Ronsley is the founder & chief day dreamer at AMPLIFY. He is an author, speaker & serial entrepreneur.
He has a Masters’ degree in Software Engineering and an MBA in Psychology and Leadership. He is known as the creator of We Are Podcast – the first Podcasting Conference in the Southern Hemisphere, and the host of The Bond Appetit Podcast and Should I Start a Podcast. He has an audience of over 3 million in 133 countries.