Greg Stark is the organiser of Better Being, Australia's group of university qualified fitness coaches conveying well-being arrangements that suit your occupied corporate life. He has made it his battle to take professionalism back to work out. With a university degree in Human Movement and working with first class level competitors, Greg's information and experience is driving the way. Today, Greg keeps on supporting the health and wellbeing of corporate officials and superstars. He also teaches mentors and consistently adds to national productions and TV shows including Men's Health, Sky Business and The Morning Show. Greg was honoured the 2011 Australian Exercise Professional of the Year finalist and is a glad envoy for Lululemon Athletica. He has additionally settled a philanthropy, Active Kids, which intends to overcome adolescence heftiness and physical inertia in Australia. Greg's enthusiasm is to make approaches to rouse, instruct and persuade individuals to manufacture a cheerful and solid life.
Things we talk about:
- How successful Business Leaders reach a high new level of performance using health and well being as the main catalyst and base on the 4 pillars of performance – Giving practical examples of things people can do, the science behind a lot of the things that we do, the stories about what we’ve done not just an individual level but also with some corporations that we work with.
- The 4 pillars of performance: Mindset, Movement, Nutrition and Recovery
- Why do people lose tracks?
- Assessing Values: Values drives Thoughts drives Actions drives Results.
- How does one determine values?
- Definition of success
- How to apply the 4 pillars of performance
- How to keep back on track
- Importance of training and having a coach
- Being Successful doesn’t need to undergo a breaking point
- The saying; “You gonna breakdown before you can breakthrough”
- How to avoid breaking point?
- What Better Being is all about – what would that journey like of setting it up?
- How someone make changes to current lifestyle?
- Sustainable Effective Nutrition Plan
- Limit Processed Foods
- Drinking Plenty of water
- List of foods that give the body more nourishment
- Importance of having a straight different colors of Veggies in the meal
- The more different colors of your vegetables the more guaranteed nutrients in your body
- Intimidate fasting: Starving the body from nutrients
- Best Foods with Nutrients
- Coffee and chocolate
- Places with lots of vegetables consumption
- More on Gluten free foods
- Health quote: “If you’re going to do it, you do it properly. If you’re going to have a treat meal, have a treat meal of something that is really enjoyable. That’s only shouldn’t be done all the time and you’re getting them majority of the things right, then it’s not going to cause a damage.”
- More on health RECOVERY: How does one go about recovering when they have issues around sleep and all out that stuff?
- Proper way to enhance recovery
- Health awareness
- Sleep and Nutrition
- Healthy Mood and stress free lifestyle
- Biggest part of recovery: Sleep
- Best techniques to a great sleep
- Awareness around the benefits of things like meditation and mindfulness
- 6-4-10 method: Breath in for 6, hold it for 4 and breath out for 10.
- How does one deal with mindset and the best way to determine where you’re at with mindset?
- More about Stress
- Some great lesson: It’s not the amount of stress that we have in life, but how we perceive that stress
- Limiting Beliefs
- More about Genetics – play a very small role in how the physcial attributes
Nutrition and Meal Plans
What is your initial influences around foods when you're growing up?
My Dad has always been heavily involved with sports and that influences me and I'm applying whatever I can, whenever I can, but Mom has always been the one that's being very big with nutrition and her habits that come with nutrition. When I was a kid she's very big on setting up a dinner table and having a very nutritious dinner together. And if we look at things like red wine consumption in this community, it's not just the fact that they're consuming a couple of glasses of red wine, but the way that I consumed it; I tend to use at the end of the day while sitting down and talking socially to someone and that's the social component to the way we eat is very important part to a quality of life longevity.
Know more about Greg
Who would you love to have dinner with and where?
Oprah Winfrey, Jamie oliver and Wayne Bennett and cook the meal for them in my house.
Last meal on the planet?
Pork belly, some sweet potato and KO chips
What’s on the horizon?
The book is the big thing. We’re also growing out a personal training thing. We are currently a partner with Australia’s leading executive health testing company and of the back of the assessments that they’re doing with the executives. Those executives are now coming into have three personal training sessions. One of the issues that identified was the assessments were great except that would just plotting in the decline of health of the executives over time.
Where to find Greg Stark
Author: Ronsley Vaz
Ronsley is the founder & chief day dreamer at AMPLIFY. He is an author, speaker & serial entrepreneur.
He has a Masters’ degree in Software Engineering and an MBA in Psychology and Leadership. He is known as the creator of We Are Podcast – the first Podcasting Conference in the Southern Hemisphere, and the host of The Bond Appetit Podcast and Should I Start a Podcast. He has an audience of over 3 million in 133 countries.